Shemas Eivers is the MD of Client Solutions and he was at a meeting I also attended recently. Shemas was asking about tools for SEO and when I replied that blogs are the most powerful tool I know of for increasing SEO, Shemas didn’t seem to believe me. Fair enough.
Shemas this post is for you!
Why are blogs so good at increasing a website’s SEO?
- Every blog post has its own url (so each post can be linked to individually – this leads to increased inward linkage)
- Search engines love content and a blog encourage the constant addition of content to a site
- Search engines love fresh content and blogs promote that too
- A blog, if named (blog title, sub-head, and posts) configured properly (short permalinks) can own a particular key word/phrase for all search engines
- Search engines love links (inward or outward) and blogs with their blogrolls, links within posts and discussions promote that lots of linkage
There are plenty more good reasons why blogs punch way above their weight when it comes to search engines – please feel free to add more in the comments.
Shemas, if you do a Google search for Shemas Eivers right now, why do you think the top ranking sites are blogs?