Darren is an uber blogger, a web marketer, he is involved in Capulet Communications, Northern voice, darrenbarefoot.com, geek travellers blog – that I know of – a busy man! Darren was good enough to take some time out to discuss these and other interests with me.
Here are the questions I asked Darren and the times in the interview they were asked:
- Darren, you are involved in Capulet Communications, Northern Voice, darrenbarefoot.com, geek travellers blog – that I know of – that must keep you quite busy… – 0:25
- You are also involved in lighting design… – 0:56
- Northern Voice, is that like BarCamp, just up north? – 1:45
- Given your relationship with Ireland, could you speculate why so few Irish companies have started blogging? – 3:38
- This whole Web 2.0 stuff, what is it? – 7:06
- So there’s a difference between the term Web 2.0 and the reality which is the evolution of web applications…- 9:07
- There seems to be a huge amount of hype around the term, are we heading for another bubble? – 10:22
- Do you think Web 2.0 is changing how marketing is done these days? – 12:04
- What about companies who are building software applications which are not Web 2.0 – how do they create a web buzz? – 16:21
- It seems to be becoming the norm that sites are being monetized by ads – do you think we will soon see free versions of Microsoft office or Microsoft Windows? – 19:27
- Does the fact that many of your applications are online help manage your remote clients? – 22:37
- Finally, Mac or PC? – 24:07
You can listen to the full interview here (5.9mb mp3).