I have already written about how well the IBM Start event started out – well I wanted to dive a little deeper into one of the days in particular – the Smarter Energy for a Sustainable future day. Why? For me, it was by far the best day of the event.
Why do I say that? A number of reasons –
- The speaker list was stellar with senior representation from EDF, BP, E.ON UK, British Gas, Water UK, OFGEM, Carbon Trust, Shell, B&Q, National Grid, Central Networks, WWF, Stagecoach, Power Perfector amongst others, as well as representatives from NGO’s, academia and research organisations.
- The delegate list was spectacular as well and consequently the networking on the day was through the roof and
- There was far more audience participation solicited than on any of the other days I attended Start
The discussions themselves were fantastic but there were far too many of them happening in parallel – I mean how do you decide between:
- Building the new Energy System
- Driven by Demand – Managing the New Infrastructure or
- New Business Models for Energy in New Economies
I wanted to attend all of them!
A real surprise for me was the speech by Charles Hendry…