I had mentioned the idea of having the next BarCamp in Cork in May with a number of people because I hadn’t heard anything about another one happening soon and I didn’t want the momentum to be lost.
I spoke to Damien, Walter, and Conor as the organisers of the last Cork BarCamp and I spoke to Tom and Keith as the organisers of the most recent BarCamp. I spoke to them before BarCamp SouthEast and they all aagreed it was a good idea. In fact Keith agreed to announce it at the opening of the BarCamp Southeast.
Seemingly there’s talk of a Dublin BarCamp before the summer, great! And John Breslin has set a date of 07/07/07 for a BarCamp in Galway. Personally I’m not sure of the wisdom of having a BarCamp in July when many people will be on holidays but obviously that is up to John.
In light of all the BarCamp’s suddenly springing up and in the interest of having a diversity of venues I propose postponing the BarCamp in Cork until after the summer.
How does that suit people?