There has been a lot of hysteria about a theoretical exploit for Apple’s latest OS – Tiger (OS X 10.4). The exploit was only theoretical, because no exploit has emerged as yet.
Apple have released an update for Tiger updating it to 10.4.1 – this update addresses that potential vulnerability. It also includes improvements for:
- file sharing using AFP and SMB/CIFS network file services
- using DHCP in wireless networks
- user login when accessing LDAP and Active Directory servers
- core graphics including updated ATI and NVIDIA graphics drivers
- synchronization with .Mac
- Address Book, iCal, Font Book, Mail, and Preview applications
- Dashboard widgets: Address Book, Flight Tracker, Phone Book, and World Clock
- compatibility with third party applications and devices
more details on the update are available here.
The update can be downloaded from the Apple 10.4.1 download page or through Software Update.