Dear Internet of Things startups,
As you may already know, SAP is one of the world’s largest software companies. We produce the software that most companies use to produce their goods. But what you may not know is that we don’t stop there.
On the contrary, SAP also has
- an in-memory Internet of Things cloud platform
- an extremely comprehensive family of IoT solutions
- extensive machine learning apps and technologies offerings
- joined Hyperledger to bolster our blockchain initiatives
- cloud based vendor and external workforce management software
- cloud based travel and expense management software
- cloud based human capital management software
- cloud based B2B and B2C ecommerce suites and not to mention
- cloud based sourcing, procurement and supplier management software
On top of all that, according to our 2016 Interactive Annual Report SAP is now employing over 84,100 people globally, who create software for over 345,000 customer organisations spread across 180 countries. In fact, it has reached the point where 76% of business transactions globally now touch an SAP system.
And SAP is deeply committed to the Internet of Things. SAP pledged last September to investing €2bn (US$2.2bn) in the Internet of Things during the next four years, while also announcing the acquisition of two significant IoT companies Fedem and Plat.One.
And SAP’s desire to lead in the IoT space comes from the very top of the organisation as you can see in this tweet from our CEO Bill McDermott:
Even better, you and your startup can be part of the SAP ecosystem, gaining access to those 345,000 enterprise customers, and their deep, deep pockets. How?
Become involved in SAP’s IoT Accelerator program.
The SAP IoT Startup Accelerator is a globally accessible co-innovation program for B2B startups, innovating in the world of IoT. The Accelerator helps startups grow and scale their business alongside SAP, our vast partner ecosystem and global customer base. We work with Accelerators, Incubators, Venture Firms, Academia and innovative technology providers to expand the IoT solutions ecosystem for our customers.
The SAP IoT Startup Accelerator seeks to find and enable the most promising IoT Startups to bring their solutions to market with SAP, and better yet because of that, SAP is not looking for fees or equity, we are looking for solutions that promote our shared customers success.
Curious to know more? Check out the SAP IoT Accelerator page on F6S.