Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition running on my Mac!

Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition on a Mac

Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition is Microsoft’s free version of Visual Studio (Visual Studio Lite, if you will).

I installed it on my Mac to see if it would install and run ok – as you can see above, it runs fine!

I now have the lite/free versions of Visual Studio and SQL Server installed and running on this machine. If I were a web developer, why would I want any other machine?

About these ads

8 thoughts on “Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition running on my Mac!

1. Derek

and the demise of this site has already started.

please don’t document any more software installs that you DON’T use.

2. Brian

You’re almost inspiring me setup a blog primarily to document everything I install on my pc’s and mac… i mean it’s thrilling reading!

mmm… i can see it already…

First Post:

Today I installed Visual Web Developer, i’m spent!!

Tomorrow I think i’ll install it on a virtualised environment just to make it that little bit interesting. Oh, also gives me another oppurtunity to put screenshots of my hardwork up to!

3. Joe Drumgoole

Thanks Tom, another piece of ammo in the “will we move to Macs as our primary development machine”.

To Brian and Derek, girls, you need to get a life and a blog by the looks of it.

4. Arial

WOW, I am about to buy my first Macbook, the cute little white one with the 13.3 inch screen. I do develope websites but I travel a lot and I want an ASAP notebook (as small as possible). It’s great to know that I will not have to forfeit developing with the free MS Visual Studio software because Tom has it running on his Mac. So I’m going shopping and I am tired of hearing my friend’s “You should try a Mac” speech. Okay, Okay, I will, I will …
    A soon to be Mac user!

5. Josiah

Hi Tom,

I wanted to know where u downloaded Visual studio 2005 express for mac? I mean that is soooo cool!

Thanks. :)

6. Phee

Nevermind… just found out that Parallels is a program that can run Windows aps on Mac. Now it all makes sense! Is it worth the $80.00?? All I want to do is use Web Developer to create email messages with dynamic content like large companies do.